The Vulnerability Notes Database provides information about software vulnerabilities. Vulnerability Notes include summaries, technical details, remediation information, and lists of affected vendors. Most Vulnerability Notes are the result of private coordination and disclosure efforts. For more comprehensive coverage of public vulnerability reports, consider the National Vulnerability Database (NVD).
You can search the Vulnerability Notes Database or browse by several views. Help is available on database fields and customizing search queries. For example, you can search for specific information, such as the ten most recently updated vulnerabilities, a list of vulnerabilities that affect control systems, or a list of vulnerabilities discovered using the Basic Fuzzing Framework (BFF).
We also provide an archive of all public vulnerability information from our database.
To communicate with us about a specific vulnerability, please send email with the appropriate VU# number(s) in the subject line. To protect sensitive, non-public vulnerability information, please encrypt mail to the CERT PGP key.
We appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Recent Vulnerability Notes
- 25 Aug 2015VU#950576DSL routers contain hard-coded "XXXXairocon" credentialsUnknown
- 20 Aug 2015VU#276148Dedicated Micros DVR products use plaintext protocols and require no password by defaultCVE-2015-2909
- 18 Aug 2015VU#248692Trend Micro Deep Discovery threat appliance contains multiple vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs
- 17 Aug 2015VU#300820Cisco Prime Infrastructure contains SUID root binariesUnknown
- 11 Aug 2015VU#335192Actiontec GT784WN Wireless N DSL Modem contains multiple vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs
- 11 Aug 2015VU#209512Mobile Devices C4 ODB2 dongle contains multiple vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs
- 07 Aug 2015VU#628568Sierra Wireless GX, ES, and LS gateways running ALEOS contain hard-coded credentialsCVE-2015-2897
- 31 Jul 2015VU#360431Chiyu Technology fingerprint access control contains multiple vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs
- 30 Jul 2015VU#577140BIOS implementations fail to properly set UEFI write protections after waking from sleep modeMultiple CVEs
- 28 Jul 2015VU#924951Android Stagefright contains multiple vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs