Snort Information for VU#175500
Snort Back Orifice preprocessor buffer overflow
- Vendor Information Help Date Notified: 14 Oct 2005
- Statement Date:
- Date Updated: 18 Oct 2005
No statement is currently available from the vendor regarding this vulnerability.
The vendor has not provided us with any further information regarding this vulnerability.
In addition, the following is from the Snort version 2.4.3 Release notes:
- 2005-10-17 - Snort 2.4.3 Released
* Fixed possible buffer overflow in back orifice preprocessor.
* Added snort.conf options to bo preprocessor for finer control of
alerting and dropping of bo traffic.
* Added alert to detect the bo buffer overflow attack against snort.
If you have feedback, comments, or additional information about this vulnerability, please send us email.