Citrix Information for VU#649219
SYSRET 64-bit operating system privilege escalation vulnerability on Intel CPU hardware
- Vendor Information Help Date Notified:
- Statement Date:
- Date Updated: 18 Jun 2012
A number of security vulnerabilities have been identified in Citrix XenServer. These vulnerabilities affect all currently supported versions of Citrix XenServer up to and including version 6.0.2.
The following issues have been addressed:
• 64-bit PV guest to host privilege escalation vulnerability. This issue only impacts servers running on Intel processors and could permit a 64-bit PV guest to compromise the XenServer host (CVE-2012-0217).
• Guest denial of service on syscall/sysenter exception generation. This issue could permit user code within a PV guest to crash the guest operating system (CVE-2012-0218).
• Administrative connections to VM consoles through XAPI or XenCenter could be routed to the wrong VM.
We are not aware of further vendor information regarding this vulnerability.
There are no additional comments at this time.
If you have feedback, comments, or additional information about this vulnerability, please send us email.