America Online, Inc. Information for VU#154641
AOL YGP Screensaver ActiveX control buffer overflow
- Vendor Information Help Date Notified: 13 Jul 2006
- Statement Date:
- Date Updated: 09 Oct 2006
AOL has recently been made aware of a security vulnerability present in
two ActiveX controls available with AOL client software. The two
vulnerable controls are:
* YGP Pic Downloader - Shipped with AOL "You've Got Pictures" software
* YGP ScreenSaver - Screensaver add-on for the AOL "You've Got Pictures"
Successful exploitation of either vulnerability may result in an
attacker being able to execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system.
Affected Products and Applications
All AOL software versions are affected by this issue.
1. Users of AOL 9.0 or AOL 9.0 Security Edition are recommended to log
in to the AOL service and a fix will be seamlessly applied to their system.
2. Users using versions of AOL that are older than 9.0 are strongly
recommended to upgrade to the latest version of AOL 9.0 Security Edition.
AOL would like to thank CERT/CC for their assistance in identifying and
responsibly reporting these issues.
The vendor has not provided us with any further information regarding this vulnerability.
There are no additional comments at this time.
If you have feedback, comments, or additional information about this vulnerability, please send us email.