The Vulnerability Notes Database provides information about software vulnerabilities. Vulnerability Notes include summaries, technical details, remediation information, and lists of affected vendors. Most Vulnerability Notes are the result of private coordination and disclosure efforts. For more comprehensive coverage of public vulnerability reports, consider the National Vulnerability Database (NVD).
You can search the Vulnerability Notes Database or browse by several views. Help is available on database fields and customizing search queries. For example, you can search for specific information, such as the ten most recently updated vulnerabilities, a list of vulnerabilities that affect control systems, or a list of vulnerabilities discovered using the Basic Fuzzing Framework (BFF).
We also provide an archive of all public vulnerability information from our database.
To communicate with us about a specific vulnerability, please send email with the appropriate VU# number(s) in the subject line. To protect sensitive, non-public vulnerability information, please encrypt mail to the CERT PGP key.
We appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Recent Vulnerability Notes
- 06 Aug 2018VU#962459TCP implementations vulnerable to Denial of ServiceMultiple CVEs
- 03 Aug 2018VU#307144mingw-w64 by default produces executables that opt in to ASLR, but are not compatible with ASLRCVE-2018-5392
- 23 Jul 2018VU#304725Bluetooth implementations may not sufficiently validate elliptic curve parameters during Diffie-Hellman key exchangeCVE-2018-5383
- 23 May 2018VU#338343strongSwan VPN charon server vulnerable to buffer underflowCVE-2018-5388
- 21 May 2018VU#180049CPU hardware utilizing speculative execution may be vulnerable to cache side-channel attacksCVE-2018-3639 CVE-2018-3640
- 14 May 2018VU#122919OpenPGP and S/MIME mail client vulnerabilitiesCVE-2017-17688 CVE-2017-17689
- 08 May 2018VU#631579Hardware debug exception documentation may result in unexpected behaviorCVE-2018-8897
- 03 May 2018VU#283803Integrated GPUs may allow side-channel and rowhammer attacks using WebGL ("Glitch")CVE-2018-10229
- 10 Apr 2018VU#974272Microsoft Outlook retrieves remote OLE content without promptingCVE-2018-0950
- 29 Mar 2018VU#277400Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 fail to protect kernel memory when the Microsoft update for meltdown is installedCVE-2018-1038