The Vulnerability Notes Database provides information about software vulnerabilities. Vulnerability Notes include summaries, technical details, remediation information, and lists of affected vendors. Most Vulnerability Notes are the result of private coordination and disclosure efforts. For more comprehensive coverage of public vulnerability reports, consider the National Vulnerability Database (NVD).
You can search the Vulnerability Notes Database or browse by several views. Help is available on database fields and customizing search queries. For example, you can search for specific information, such as the ten most recently updated vulnerabilities, a list of vulnerabilities that affect control systems, or a list of vulnerabilities discovered using the Basic Fuzzing Framework (BFF).
We also provide an archive of all public vulnerability information from our database.
To communicate with us about a specific vulnerability, please send email with the appropriate VU# number(s) in the subject line. To protect sensitive, non-public vulnerability information, please encrypt mail to the CERT PGP key.
We appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Recent Vulnerability Notes
- 23 Jun 2016VU#302544Alertus Desktop Notification for OS X sets insecure permissions for configuration and other filesCVE-2016-5087
- 20 Jun 2016VU#143335mDNSResponder contains multiple memory-based vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs
- 15 Jun 2016VU#748992Adobe Flash memory corruption vulnerabilityCVE-2016-4171
- 10 Jun 2016VU#778696Netgear D6000 and D3600 contain hard-coded cryptographic keys and are vulnerable to authentication bypassMultiple CVEs
- 02 Jun 2016VU#321640NTP.org ntpd is vulnerable to denial of service and other vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs
- 01 Jun 2016VU#754056Fonality contains a hard-coded password and embedded SSL private keyMultiple CVEs
- 26 May 2016VU#482135MEDHOST Perioperative Information Management System contains hard-coded database credentialsCVE-2016-4328
- 19 May 2016VU#204232Up.time agent for Linux does not authenticate a user before allowing read access to the file systemCVE-2015-8268
- 17 May 2016VU#586503Chef Manage deserializes cookie data insecurelyCVE-2016-4326
- 13 May 2016VU#785823Lantronix xPrintServer contains multiple vulnerabilitiesMultiple CVEs