Nortel Networks Information for VU#803539
Multiple vendors' Domain Name System (DNS) stub resolvers vulnerable to buffer overflows
- Vendor Information Help Date Notified: 27 Jun 2002
- Statement Date:
- Date Updated: 25 Jul 2002
The following Nortel Networks products are potentially affected by the vulnerability identified in CERT/CC Advisory CA-2002-19:
- NetID. A bulletin entitled "NetID BIND Bulletin", dated 7-12-02 has been issued and is available from the following Nortel Networks support contacts:
- North America: 1-8004NORTEL or 1-800-466-7835
Europe, Middle East and Africa: 00800 8008 9009, or +44 (0) 870 907 9009
Contacts for other regions are available at www.nortelnetworks.com/help/contact/global/
- Optivity NMS, which uses Sun Solaris operating systems supplied by third parties. Nortel Networks recommends following the mitigating practices in Sun Microsystems Inc.'s Alert Notification. Implementing such practices will not adversely impact this Nortel Networks product.
- Also, the former Nortel Networks product Preside Policy Server divested to MetaSolv Software, Inc. in February 2002 uses BIND 8 and may be potentially affected.
The vendor has not provided us with any further information regarding this vulnerability.
The CERT/CC has no additional comments at this time.
If you have feedback, comments, or additional information about this vulnerability, please send us email.