Hummingbird Information for VU#989580
Hummingbird CyberDOCS sets insecure permissions on script source code files
- Vendor Information Help Date Notified: 17 Sep 2003
- Statement Date:
- Date Updated: 10 Oct 2003
CyberDOCS - Potential to Access CyberDOCS Script Source Code
Problem: In CyberDOCS (versions 3.5, 3.9, and 4.0), it is possible to access some CyberDOCS script source code via the browser.
Resolution: To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Start Internet Services Manager (IIS).
- Expand Default Web Site and select CyberDOCS.
- In the right-hand pane, select an unprotected file with the ".INC" extension.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- On the File tab, clear the check mark from the "Script source access," "Read," and "Write" options.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 for all remaining unprotected "*.INC," "*.ASA," "*.LIC," "*.LOG," "*.Settings," and "*.BAK" files that should be protected.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for other sub-directories that also contain the above unprotected files.
Hummingbird recommends upgrading to the latest release of this product.
The vendor has not provided us with any further information regarding this vulnerability.
The CERT/CC has no additional comments at this time.
If you have feedback, comments, or additional information about this vulnerability, please send us email.